Smart Contracts aren't planned to be added in the first version of POG, but in a later update. This is a living document which will change over time.
- In pog, Smart Contracts come in the form of autonomous accounts. These can be created by anyone using a
createtransaction and operate autonomously after this.
- These contracts are essentially a function which responds to events like send transactions to the account.
- Contracts have access to a append-only key-value database
- Contracts have access to a transactions
- Contracts have a main function where they can process arbitrary data send through
datafields in transactions.
- The contract's code itself isn't stored on the blockchain but IPFS (would this make sense? still thinking about it)
Transactions which are send to an autonomous account trigger a new execute transaction, which can both send and receive funds.
execute transactions can contain multiple data blocks which add new entries to the AutAcc's database.
- How do we prevent spam?
- How do we calculate the cost of executing the code?